Monday, April 28, 2008

Random Musings

So I am sitting here in my living room listening to AC/DC. Not that it is really relevent to the post, but I thought you all would like to know.

Lisa and the boys have gone up to Moccassin to stay with her folks for a couple days and get away from the increasing heat. Normally I would be at work on a Monday and then doing business in the evening, but today I really needed a mental health day. So, now that the house is empty I have been able to catch up on a couple of my projects. The one I am most glad that I have finished so far is getting the wireless network finally working properly. I was having trouble getting it set up here for the longest time. Then I finally got smart and went to the Linksys website and downloaded their latest config and setup tool. It took care of everything for me and even set it up as a secure network. I really like that. So, now I can blog, do business, or whatever on the laptop from anywhere in the house, front yard, whatever. I even finally got the house setup as a network. So, I can magically print from the other side of the house too. I told Lisa when she called, she is totally psyched.

In other projects, I am getting the office here in the house cleaned up. Now it feels a bit more conducive to being able to conduct some business out of it on the weekends. The one thing that would be nice is a new desk. My current computer desk isn't as sweet as my last one was. The previous one actually had a stand on top for the monitor which gave me space on the desk to use it as a desk. That would be really nice. I also organized some of my certificates and licenses on the wall. Only thing left is to vacuum. I believe my other project this evening will be to get the weeds along the patio and the sidewalk outside. Then I will spray that stuff that is supposed to keep them from growing back up again. After living here I now know where the phrase growing like weeds comes from. It comes from Overton, NV.

Business wise, things are super duper awesome. I have a couple deals closing this week, Yay for cashflow, and I have some more appointments to help a few more people. We have a new financial analysis and profile we can use for our clients. It really spots out the holes in their financial plan and shows how they can improve it with existing resources. I love it.

In other plans for the day, I will probably play some video games and figure out how to make this blog a bit more stylish and how to upload pics on it.

Now that you are to the end of the post, I thought I would let you know that I am now listening to Big Joe Turner.

0 comments: