Monday, April 18, 2005

Random Rambling

So, in the interest of keeping up with the peeps and the fact I have nothing to do, here is a random friendly whatever update.

Lisa is up in Salt Lake City with her mom and a couple of her sisters. They planned on taking a couple days to find her wedding dress and then come back on Wednesday. I had a message from her when I got out of work that she found her dress in like 90 minutes. That's very cool. I am happy for her cause she's all excited and giddy. Although, I was disappointed to find out that they were not going to be heading home any earlier. Eventhough I miss her I think a couple days apart is good and healthy. It gives me an opportunity to take a break from all the planning and catch up with some internet stuff. You know, things like Homestar and Foamy.

Work wasn't too shabby. Got our response to an amended charge out to NERC (Nevada Equal Rights Commisson). Oh yeah, as promised here is the basic rundown of what my boss does and therefore I type up and file. Anytime an employee or generally former employee files a complaint with either NERC or the EEOC, and they generally file together, it comes to our office to respond and defend it. Any subpoena's for employee information, general request from law firms for employee information, or employees/other people companies requesting employee info also comes across my desk. We also act as the liason between the company/departments and the immigration attorney in New York for any immigration issues with the employees. My boss also provides basic legal insight and guidance to the employee relations team. That being the case, our offices are down in employee relations. It's pretty cool cause I am making all the important contacts as I am temping here.

Although there was a decent amount of stuff that came across my desk today or that I am waiting on information for, I still played a lot of solitaire today. I'm glad I discovered my computer had it as I don't have net access to kill the dead time. I'm still using the boss' log on with my computer cause IS still hasn't set mine up yet. It's been two weeks since we put in the request. Should have been done over a week ago. I'll give them a call again tomorrow and find out what's happening.

So now i'm sitting at home debating what to heat up for dinner. There are some enchiladas from this weekend in the fridge. Lisa is like the world's most awesome cook. Of course, I am tempted to just go to Arby's cause they have those arby bacon melts on sale and who knows how long i'll be able to take advantage of that deal.

0 comments: